Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 14: Having Some Fun in Preview Center

When I opened the sliding glass door, I pushed a bit too hard and discovered that the door opens more than I originally thought. I asked Sara if I could keep open so I could have a view of the fun zone and harbor.
The answer: "No".

I gotta say that this one of the slowest days I have ever experienced.

 UNTIL a group of girls came through asking if they could take pictures of what we have. I said of course and asked what they were planning. They were preparing for a scavenger hunt within the harbor and wanted to use the museum as a stop. I give them a quick tour so they could pick out things that they wanted to use. They eventually picked the octant that we have on display and the submarine display.

Two hours later, the scavenger hunt must have started and I had several groups come in and ask if I knew where an octant. I usually pointed to it because it sits near my desk. Having all these different groups come in looking for stuff was pretty cool.

And donations are still low...

No comments:

Post a Comment